Friday, February 18, 2011

Needles 'n Gadgets 'n Accessories, Oh My

I love knitting needles.  I vacillate between loving bamboo and metal.  I have acquired lots and lots of needles over the years.  Now, I mostly knit with circulars.  I find that they are much easier on my wrists.  At one point in time, all I owned were the same brand of bamboo, fairly popular in the big-box stores.  As I moved into my preference for circulars though, I have found that the cord on those is just too difficult to deal with when you are trying to build up a rhythm. 

I also love knitting gadgets -- especially stitch markers.  They are so fun.  I spent some time this week on Etsy checking out the creative things people are doing with them -- even bought a few sets.  I always seem to lose them though, so I'm trying to come up with a better way of organizing and storing them.  Would love to hear any suggestions!  If I'm feeling really creative, I will buy different beads and make my own.  This happens once every few years, but I was really in the mood this week, so I went overboard and ordered more beads than I will probably ever need to make into stitch markers.

I think the coolest knitting gadget I have is the most simple -- a key chain with a little tiny crochet hook on the end.  It is genius for picking up dropped stitches.  I admire people that think of a product to solve a problem and follow through with bringing it to market.

I finished one sleeve of my current WIP Cabled Cowl Neck.  I'm looking forward to finishing the other sleeve, sewing it together and presenting Michele with the finished product.  I've been dreaming of my next project which will involve color work of some sort.  I have some ideas, but haven't decided on any one thing yet.  In researching, I managed to purchase a few books for my knitting library.  These are the only actually books I purchase since getting the Kindle a few years ago.  I just have to have knitting books in print. I'll be starting it soon, but in the meantime there may be a few fun quick knits for the kids coming soon.

Pictures of my newly acquired gadgets when I receive them in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment